Thursday, November 10, 2011

Kirsten's Poem

I love love love my kids' writing.  I love that they usully spell exactly how the word sounds, write what they feel and don't give much thought to being pc.

Kirsten recently wrote this for a poetry project in her class:

Kirsten
Dog-lover, ticklish, happy
Sibling of Josh and Katelyn
Lover of my family, my mom and dad, and my family
Who feels happy at outdoor recess, laughs when my dog licks my face, and sad when someone leaves.
Who needs money, love, Shadow
Who gives notes, hugs and kind words
Who fears the dark and when people step on me
Who would like to see my teacher, my sister, and my mom and daddy
Resident of Frisco, TX
Leffler

Notice that she would not like to see her little brother and who knew that she feared people stepping on her???  So funny!